My name is Brian. This is the News Desk.
Toyota wasn’t kidding when their previous Sequoia teaser alluded to a reveal happening very soon. By the way, if you were at all skeptical about the first teaser being the Sequoia, this one’s for you: say hello to the tailgate and its smoking gun, S E Q U O I A spelled out loud and proud at the bottom.
Excitingly, we will be onsite at the full reveal taking place on Tuesday, January 25th at 9:30pm EST. We can’t wait to see this thing in person and share everything we can with you. Questions we have leading up to the reveal:
1) Will the Sequoia don the same grille treatment as the new Tundra?
2) Will it have an identical interior to the Tundra’s?
3) Will Toyota offer it with both of the Tundra’s powertrains (twin-turbo V6 and the hybrid)?
4) Will it receive a panoramic sunroof?
5) Will it receive a proper air suspension?
The last generation of Ford’s competitor to the Sequoia, the Expedition, lasted 11 years before the current one arrived in 2017. The result was an SUV that made things very challenging for Toyota, as it is an extremely competitive offering now. The GM dynasty (Yukon/Suburban/Tahoe) went through two generations in that time, and their newest iterations are also extremely good.
Will Toyota prove to have done enough after 14 years with the current Sequoia? Unless the company drops another niblet before Tuesday, we will have the all of the details for you then!